25th July 2014
- Setup xob‘s hacked up colormake in our build system. Nice colorized output now!
- Fought more with
ERROR:Place - Constraint Resolved NO placeable site for hdmiMatri_Comp/dvi_rx1/ioclk_buf issue
- Watched Paul Fenwick’s OSCon Keynote.
Streaming System Hacking
- Made the configuration system better and adding a lot of comments to the json file (which isn’t really valid json any more).
- Made pycon2internal.py slightly better and able to parse PyOhio format (based on the PyCon US format).
- Added hack to make event2internal.py to use pycon2internal.py at some periods.
- Set up a bunch of encoders in the Oregon EC2 region.
- Get access to www.timvideos.us again and deployed the updated website.
26th July 2014
- Went into the Adelaide Hackerspace and created a cable to interface the USB3300 ULPI chip to 2xPMOD headers.
- Got streaming working for day 1 of PyOhio, it was late as we were disorganised.
- aps-sids foolishly pointed out a bug in the title of the streaming system, so I taught him about how we actually flumotion for an event.
27th July 2014
- Did a lot of spreadsheet hacking on the production board pin planning spreadsheet;
- Added half bank / BUFIO2 regions.
- Added dedicated clock pin information.
- Started work on reshuffling the pins to fix the timing issue.
- Helped aps-sids get Flumotion working on the latest Twisted release. Turned out that someone else had already done most of the work and only a couple very small fixes where needed. aps-sids reported that he was now able to run flumotion on Ubuntu Trusty!